Master of Arts in Education: English as a Second Language
The U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics reports that more than 67% of public schools have at least one limited English proficient student. This rapid change in student demographics has created a massive need for teachers with the expertise to help students become proficient in English.
Are you looking for a top-tier online university to master the art of teaching English as a Second Language? Dominican University’’s Master of Arts in Education with a concentration in English as a Second Language gives you the skills to help students acquire English-language proficiency through a proven step-by-step process. With this knowledge you will have one of the most in-demand skill sets sought by private and public school districts throughout the nation.
Earn Your Master’s in ESL Online in as Few as 18 Months!
Earn your master’s in ESL online by completing 12 eight-week courses (36 credit hours). The Master of Arts with a concentration in English as a Second Language curriculum is designed so that you can finish the program in as few as 18 months! Request your application now!
What You’ll Learn
- Help students acquire English proficiency by adapting existing skills and acquiring new techniques
- Effectively teach ESL by managing the learning environment for non-English-speaking students
- Support the needs of diverse learners by creating an inclusive classroom climate
- Maximize students’ literacy level, regardless of their existing language skills, by utilizing the latest ESL techniques
- Assist students through the step-by-step process of language acquisition
How You’ll Benefit and Master the Art of Teaching ESL
- Develop the skills to accurately assess the skills of English Language Learners
- Gain the ability to handle diverse situations when teaching English as a second language
- Expand your understanding of cultural differences and how they manifest in the classroom
- Gain the skills to teach ESL and design learning opportunities that motivate students
- Acquire the knowledge to differentiate among many different cultural processes
- Improve student learning outcomes using the latest research findings
Who Should Enroll
The Master of Arts in Education with a concentration in English as a Second Language program is ideal for licensed teachers who want to meet the challenge of an increasingly diverse student population. Gain the in-demand skills to effectively teach ESL and help students overcome language barriers and achieve a solid command of the English language – request your application now!